I'm thinking of creating a Django app that will include all US Zip
Codes from the 2010 Census Data. It will probably include a couple of
helper functions for calculating "other zip codes within X proximity".

I know I could probably use GeoDjango for this but it's a bit heavy
for just this small data set and simple calculations.

Is this something that's already been done elsewhere? Is this
something others would be interested in? (i.e. Should I post it
publically?) Thanks.