Hi,

I'm a developer for django-storages who maintains the AWS S3 boto
backend. I get a lot of requests and questions about how to use s3boto
as a backend for both media and for the staticfiles contrib app but
with different settings.

The issue is that the storage backends are created without any keyword
arguments in Django and the settings that the backend supports apply
globally. This makes it impossible to have media and static files
stored in different buckets for instance. I'm curious what the authors
of Django and staticfiles had in mind for this kind of situation? What
is the recommended thing to do?

Currently I often get pull requests for hack changes to s3boto to
allow users to set up multiple backends using just settings. I would
like to allow users to do something like that but I'm curious if there
is a recommended way for users to set up multiple backends using the
same class but with different settings.

--
Ian

http://www.ianlewis.org/