The real power of generic class based views is in the mixins, I've been
using CBV for the last 2 months, and it attended me not only in ordinary
situations. The docs aren't 100% yet, but the implementation is not hard to
understand.

IMHO, you really should give it a try. ;)

[]'s

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leem...@simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the response Kurtis - yeah I probably should put some time
> aside to at least give them a try.. the 'mixin' stuff looks
> quite intriguing!
>
> Cal
>

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Kurtis Mullins
> <kurtis.mull...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey Cal,
>>
>> Yeah the documentation is a bit lacking. It's kinda difficult to put the
>> pieces together. But once you learn how to use them -- they're pretty
>> awesome and powerful. It does seem a little difficult to deviate away from
>> the box at first, but once you understand how they work -- it's pretty
>> straightforward. Sometimes, you just have to think outside of the box :)
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
>> cal.leem...@simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I took a look through some of the documentation for class based views - and
>>> my first reaction was "Eww.".
>>>
>>> Imho, it looks much like the "admin section" customization stuff, and
>>> would quickly become a pain to work with if you deviate away from 'the box'.
>>>
>>> This comes from me having absolutely no experience of using class based
>>> views - just from what I've seen in the documentation and examples etc. (my
>>> background - 2 years of django exp, 6 years-ish python).
>>>
>>> It'd be good to hear other peoples thought on this - from both sides of
>>> the fence!
>>>
>>> Cal
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>  --