On Friday, 11 November 2011 13:49:08 UTC, Ganesh-Bugcy wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have tried to load render_to_response module. it's through error. I
> have tried download and install the module
> https://github.com/jgorset/django-shortcuts
> installed sucessfully, But not load any one of  you help me guys.
>

> dhana013 ~ $ ipython
> Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:09:56)
>
> IPython 0.10 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
> ?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
> %quickref -> Quick reference.
> help      -> Python's own help system.
> object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.
>
> In [1]: from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> <snip>
>
> ImportError: Settings cannot be imported, because environment variable
> DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.
>
> In [2]:
>
> -Ganesh.

As has been pointed out to you before,
`django.shortcuts.render_to_response` has nothing whatsoever to do with the
django-shortcuts third-party package. It does not need to be installed
separately.

The traceback which you quote shows you exactly what is wrong - you have
not set the DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable. To avoid the need
for this, start your shell with `./manage.py shell` rather than ipython
directly.
--
DR.