On 8/24/06, Jeremy Dunck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I thought about trying to post all the data to a form in the view page,
> > then automatically submit the form using JavaScript, but it seems like
> > such a cludgy solution.
>
> It's also insecure because you'd be giving the client the ability to
> alter the price before forwarding to PayPal.
>
> I'll be your customer if you want to do that.  ;-)

Any kind of form-based submission will have the same problem- you have
to do some validation in a callback anyway, don't you?

I'm using Worldpay, and doing:
- view/form to get choices and validate à la Django
- redirect to simple confirm form
- submit to Worldpay with POST data in hidden fields
- get callback, and do validation
- notify administration, save order details etc.
- return confirmation message to Worldpay for them to display

I haven't done this before, so I'd be happy to take advice.

--
Derek