Please accept my apologies for "hijacking" a previous thread.  Offense
was unintentional.  My original question is:

I build healthcare applications and the gov't regs require we log most

 user access to patient info.

Since I've only built one (rather large) Django app, my logging is in

 the same DB as my data and I use decorators in views.py to log all

 access.  There is only one table in it's own schema that is used for

 this.

Now I'm building additional, functionally unrelated projects but would

 like to use the same logging model.

We use MySQL and have very low throughput and use several databases

 (i.e. mysql schema's) on a single linux server.

Since this is used by several unrelated applications, I would

 appreciate some advice from more experienced developers on a good
technique.

Please bear in mind that I'm the only Python/Django.SQL developer in

 my organization so there is not the need to coordinate with multiple

 independent teams..

Would you recommend:

a) Just duplicate the model definition in each app (i.e. move to

 separate file and import it for DRY) and use the ".using() clause or a

 db router?

b) Create a separate app, dedicated to this -- but what's the best way

 to do a "cross app" reference

c) create a separate site dedicated to this -- then should I use a url

 to pass it the logging data making it decoupled or is there a better

 way

Any insight would be appreciated.  As I said, I work solo at the

 office so this is my only way to collaborate with other professionals.