I'm trying to create a base template that would display user-specific
information such as an avatar and the number of unread messages a user
has, what's the best way to do this? I know by reading the
documentation that I can check if a user is logged in, which is a
start, but doesn't fully answer my question. Searching Google only
points me back to the django documentation and to examples, none of
them fit the bill. Thank you for your time and have a great day.