I am new to both python and Django but I have been programming for more than
20 years so I am teaching myself this stuff.  I came across an old training
video that I have been going through.  This training has you develop a
website that can create web pages.  I got everything right so far but I just
got to the point where you are to save off your changes to create a new file
and I am getting the 403 Forbidden error associated with a POST to my
connection.  The error specifically states "CSRF token missing or
incorrect."

Now I am currently reading through this stuff on the Django web site and I
find that you must have it at the top of your "views" but can someone
explain in more plain language why this isn't on by default and what the
problem really is here?  In reading the info on the Django site it seems
backwards so I must be missing something.  When I read it, it sounds like
you have to add this to "gain" the protection not remove it.  What I think I
am seeing is my system is not allowing my browser to write new files so I
have the protection by default and I need to add this stuff in order to
remove the protection.  That makes sense to me but seems backwards from what
I read on the Django site.  I am very confused by this.  Any help would be
appreciated.