On Tuesday, 22 November 2011 03:13:00 UTC, Lee wrote:

> I've opened a hundred docs/postings and can't find the correct syntax
> for this simple task.
>
> In my model I have a method and a property to return the result of the
> method:
>
> class MyModel(models.Model)
>    def get_my_property(self):
>       return '1234'
>    my_property = property(get_my_property)
>
> Now I want to display this property on the index page in a {{ }}
> variable tag. What is the correct syntax, and where can I find this in
> the docs?
>
> Thanks very much for any help.
>
> Lee

This question is not very clear. Exactly where do you want to display it?
What template are you trying to edit?

In template syntax, you access a property in exactly the way you access any
other model attribute - by using dot syntax. For example, {{
my_instance.my_property }}. However, it is not clear where you would be
getting the instance from in your template, since the "admin index" doesn't
access any model instances.
--
DR.