At least for a test, if it doesn't happen with a shorter URL, then it's
clearly an encoding issue.  You could try going the other way too and
making it longer, to see if more than the ending slash is bumped off.

Quoted Printable only uses 1 equal sign though, now that I think about
it more, that random bit at the end of your URL, is it possible to have
equal signs there?

Here's some info on the encoding, which mentions the 76 character line
limit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable

Jay