hi,

although I have been using django for many years, I had always refused
to look at South as I believed that schema migration in production was
too delicate a matter to be left to a tool, and also felt that the tool
would never be able to handle cases like adding a not null field.
Recently I had to work on a project where South was installed and was
pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and the elegant way it solves
most migrations. Saves a lot of time. A hearty thanks to the authors
(and apologies for doubting them). One thing, I find that the
convert_to_south command does not seem to be necessary for adding South
to an existing project.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves