Hello,

>As Reinout suggested you should have a CategoryModel which you can check >if a
>Category exists and the get the items of show that the category does not
>>exist or 404 if somebody entered a wrong URL/Category. Checking against the
>>DB is probably the same thing you want to do, but it uses the DB and not a
>>List/Dict which you have to maintain manually somehow.

I don't quite understand what you mean here. You want me to create a
CategoryModel of which all my Category models should be derived ? If
that's it, how can it help me to determine if URL is valid or not, I
can't see how that works.

>I think you care too much about people entering wrong URLs. People are
>>clicking links on your webpage, right? Or do you give him instructions to
>>write urls in the adress field?

Yes they click links on the webpages :)

1) use the url tag or get_absolute_url of your models to produce the
urls in your template
2) configure your site to send you 404 errors which have a referer
(read below and [1])

>404 errors
>Django can also be configured to e-mail errors about broken links (404 “page
>>not found” errors). Django sends e-mails about 404 errors when:
>DEBUG is False
>SEND_BROKEN_LINK_EMAILS is True
>Your MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES setting includes CommonMiddleware (which it >does by
>default).
>If those conditions are met, Django will e-mail the users listed in the
>>MANAGERS setting whenever your code raises a 404 and the request has a
>>referer. (It doesn’t bother to e-mail for 404s that don’t have a referer –
>those >are usually just people typing in broken URLs or broken Web ‘bots).

Wow that's nice to know, thanks for all these infos !