>> 2. If I do not want to send field by field, but possibly a set of fields
>> back to the to the server, like the row of a table. Would that be feasible?
>>

> Now this is not implemented, and I think it is not trivial. But you can
> try it

i am afraid my js skills are too limited for that :-(

> 3. How would you create a new field on the page/ new object in the model?
>>

> I'm sorry I don't understand this

let me explain with an example: i have an recipe model and i have
ingredients that have a foreign key to recipe.  on the web page i display
the recipe plus all its ingredients. and with inplaceedit i can edit all
those ingredients, which is great. but how would i enable the user to add a
new ingredient?