Thanks for the additional thought on this.  It is a much appreciated
confirmation to me.  Last night I was torturing my brain over the
logistics of what I had conceived, and by this morning I had pretty
much concluded that I would have to go the route you are suggesting.
Now I just have to find an existing solution ... or learn Javascript.
--Bill