Hello,

I just tried with django-redis by using redis as a cache.

CACHES = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'redis_cache.RedisCache',
        'LOCATION': '/tmp/vgbet_redis.sock',
        'OPTIONS': {
            'DB': 1,
            'PASSWORD': None,
            'PARSER_CLASS': 'redis.connection.HiredisParser'
        },
    },
}

And I still have the same result if I open two tabs in my browser. The
second view is blocked for 5 seconds, as if everything is synchronous.

from django.core.cache import cache
def test_view(request):
    if cache.get('test') != None:
        print 'Locked'
    else:
        cache.set('test', '', 60)
        for i in range(5):
            print '%i locked' % i
            time.sleep(1)
        cache.delete('test')
    return render_to_response("test.html", {
        }, context_instance=RequestContext(request))

If I open two terminals, I have no issue reading and writing in redis.
So I really don't understand why I'm not able to use the cache in
views.

Regards,

--
Ashe