On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 03:53 +0000, Gary Wilson wrote:
> I see that there is a _get_sql_clause() method, but is there a function
> that will return the constructed query string?

Deja vu. I tried to implement something like this a little while back.
The thing that is hard about getting it to work is that we rely on the
database backend to do some of the quoting and function substitution for
us. As far as I know, there's no generic way to pull that information
out of each backend. I wasn't really keen in duplicating the logic from
the queryset stuff, however this may be easier with the query.py rewrite
I'm doing (I just thought of that point now, so I really mean "may" --
need to look into it).

Regards,
Malcolm