I'm new to Python but not new to programming. I picked up this book
recently and couldn't be happier:
Beginning Python:
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Python-Novice/dp/159059519X/sr=8-4/
qid=1156946981/ref=pd_bbs_4/002-6713626-9604860?ie=UTF8

You said you're not new to Python but I wouldn't be too put off by
the word "beginning" in the title. This is no "dummy's guide" to be
sure. The explanations are very well thought out, usually with a
problem and solution and then an even better solution. Leaves you
with a very clear understanding of how to do things rather than just
a book of magic spells if you see what I mean. Highly recommended
(although I'm only halfway through the book so far).

-Sean