On Sunday, February 26, 2012, nicolas HERSOG wrote:

> Hi folks !
>
> I'm trying for hours to internationalize my django website.
>
> I added to my settings.py this few lines :
>
> TIME_ZONE = 'Europe/Paris'
> LANGUAGE_CODE = 'fr-FR'
>
> I added to all templates i want to translate the tag trans for the
> sentence I want to  internationalize exemple :
>
> {% trans "article écrit :"%}
> {% trans "Nom :"%}
>
> And then at my root project i run django-admin.py makemessages -l en

Why are you running django-admin.py, rather than manage.py? manage.py knows
how to fund your settings files, and import all of your apps and check all
of your template dirs.

Try first running "manage.py makemessages -l fr" (since I suspect that your
site is already in French, you won't have to actually do anything with that
po file right now, but it's good to have)

Ian

> This command created a django.po file which contains the translations key
> for django debug tool bar, but none key of my webapp.
>
> Did I do something wrong, or miss something ?
>
> Thank you :)
>
> Nicolas
>

>  --
> For more options, visit this group at