As far as I remember, I quickly switched back to 'sync' worker type (the
default) for the app which had this problem. I've never seen the error
again. I have another project running on eventlet, still with gunicorn,
postgres, and psycopg2. Never have had any problems with that one. So maybe
it is a problem with gevent.

I'd like to hear from someone who has had success with gevent.