I'm very new to python and django.  Thanks for the tip.  I was trying
to figure out how to set break points.

I figured out what the problem was.

In views.py I was calling the following function to save the data in
the database, which was in a different .py file:

HealthData.saveHealthData(HealthData(),healthData)

Different .py file:
        def saveHealthData(self,healthData):
                healthData.save()

When I changed the above call in views.py to healthData.save() instead
of calling the external method to save the data, everything worked
fine.  This is very strange.

The data was appeared to look fine in the databas, and acted fine when
I pulled it out, but for some reason send_mass_email had an issue with
it.

Something was messing up the way the data was being stored in the
database or something.  VERY STRANGE!!!

Any thoughts on what was going on here?  Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Scott Macri <scottma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've come to the conclusion that send_mail and send_mass_mail cannot
>> be used with sqlite due to a but with the message text.
>>
>> Attempting to pull a string from the sqlite database and putting it
>> into the message field on either of the above mentioned functions
>> causes the message sending to fail without an exception even if
>> fail_silently = True.
>>
>> I have been pulling my hair out over this for the last couple of days
>> and cannot get either method to work when using simple text, "test
>> text", pulled out of an sqlite database.
>>
>> Anyone have any success with this?
>>

> I would start sticking breakpoints (import pdb; pdb.set_trace()) in
> interesting functions and seeing why it fails. I would suspect that
> something that you think is a string, is not. Make sure you look at
> repr(obj), and not print obj - the latter will convert to a string.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom

Scott A. Macri
www.ScottMacri.com