On Wednesday, 14 March 2012 16:43:12 UTC-7, somecallitblues wrote:

> Thanks Daniel and Karen,
>
> Karen, I;'m not entirely sure what an unbound form is. :)

Then you must not have read the documentation[1], which goes into great
detail about bound and unbound forms. That's pretty much a prerequisite
before asking for help, I'm afraid.

> Anyway, this is my test code:
>
> def test_appointment_form(self):
>
>         c = Client()
>
>         base_data = {
>             'name':'Foo name',
>             'slug':'foo-session',
>             'short_descr':'foo tagline',
>             'long_descr':'long foo description',
>             'staff':self.staff,
>             'business':self.business,
>             'start_date':'2012-07-24',
>             'end_date':'2012-07-24',
>         }
>         self.form =
> AppointmentForm(business=self.business,staff=self.staff,initial=base_data)

As that documentation points out, `initial` does not bind the form.

>         self.failUnless(self.form.is_valid()) #<---- This fails
>
>         print self.form.errors #<----This doesn't print anything
>
>         response = c.post('/console/appointments/add', {'form':self.form})

Not the cause of your current problem, but this makes no sense: you can't
POST a form object.

 [1]: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/topics/forms/#using-a-form-in-a-view

--
DR.