Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the response. The project will be hosted at WebFaction (which I
recommended, having used their services with great results in the past). It
will start off on shared hosting and could end up in a dedicated server.
The client wants some sort of "performance guarantee". I was tempted to
remind them of the saying "premature optimisation is the root of all evil"
- then I thought, being non-developers, it would make no sense to them.

Some requirements I must agree to include:

   1.

      Ability to accommodate large numbers of active users and content.
      2.

      Ability to scale the system further without requiring a redesign.

I think point two is a moot point. Who ever makes that sort of
generalisation? I need a way to assure them short of just saying "it will
work!".

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM, kenneth gonsalves
<law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 09:46 +0200, Sithembewena Lloyd Dube wrote:
> > - concurrent active users
> >    - emails per day
> >    - lessons uploaded on the system
> >    - etc.
> >

> > How do I address this sort of query?
>
> actually this has nothing to do with django. It depends on hardware.
> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves

Regards,