Want to present users a form in which numbers are entered, then manipulated
in a view and a calculated value is returned to the screen.
After looking in the the Django book around the net this is what I have
come, (it doesn't work) shows below.  So far, the three fields setup in
forms.py render to the secreen, that is all I'm getting.

I am getting this error in the django 404 exception page: "unsupported operand
type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'NoneType'"

It is purposely a  simple exercise, more interested  in technique of doing
this so, I know this can be done in javascript, but I want to do this with
python/django.
Thank you to anyone who can help me out, this has been a problem all
weekend.

forms.py:

from django import forms

class FinanceTable(forms.Form):
       capital = forms.IntegerField(required=False)
       tax_rate = forms.DecimalField(required=False)
       useage = forms.IntegerField(required=False)

views.py:

from django.shortcuts import render_to_response

def  calculation(request):
       """view that sets up form calculation"""
       if request.method == 'POST':
            form  = FinanceTable(request.POST)
            if form.is_valid():
                 capital = form.cleaned_data['capital']
                  tax_rate = form.cleaned_data['tax_rate']
                  useage = form.cleaned_data['capital'] *
form.cleaned_data['tax_rate']
                  response_dict = {'capital' : capital, 'tax_rate'  :
tax_rate, 'useage' : useage}
                  return render_to_response('focus_areas.html',
response_dict)
        else:
              form = FinanceTable(
                             initial={'capital' : 1000, tax_rate : .07}
               )
        return render_to_response('focus_areas.html', {'form' : form})

html in template:
          <form action="" method= "" method="post">
                          {{ form.as_table }}
                  <input type="submit" value = "Submit"/>
          </form>

Any help ios much appreciated.