On Mar 19, 11:00 am, Roberto De Ioris <robe...@unbit.it> wrote:
> Your project is really funny, but you will need to fight with two factors:
>
> few users/developers understand non-blocking/async programming (albeit a lot
> of them use, and blindly suggest, such technologies)
>
> webservers support for multipexing fastcgi requests is practically
> non-existent or buggy, on which webserver you have tested your project ?

Roberto,

Thank you for cheering me up : ) Like I said gevent-fastcgi is not
suitable for every project and I don't expect people switching to it
en masse but those who needs what it provides should benefit from
using it. I know that mainstream Web-servers do not support FastCGI
multiplexing or support for it is buggy. That is sad since it doesn't
cost much to implement and it could be a big deal in fight against
C10K problem. I saw something like "there are not many FastCGI servers
that support multiplexing so why bother to implement that in our Web
server" while I was looking for Web-servers that do multiplexing.
Hopefully, Web-server developers will have little less excuses to not
implement it.

I haven't tested FastCGI multiplexing feature because I couldn't find
Web-server that supports it out-of-the-box. However, I found reference
to alternative Nginx FastCGI module that supposedly designed to
support multiplexing (https://github.com/rsms/afcgi). Also Cherokee
Web-server had another version of FastCGI module with connection
multiplexing (http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=714).
Rumors have it Zeus Web-server has FastCGI multiplexing feature but
it's not available for free.

Alex