Chris Long wrote:
> Maybe, but if you do it in the template then it won't even show the
> option to the user and you'll avoid the trouble of getting the error
> from the save method to be displayed to the user.

Oh, I see where you're going with it. Just hide the interface from the
user. That's a great idea, I still need a way though to enforce it so
that carefully crafted POST requests don't allow unauthorized users
from breaking things.

> If all you're using is an Integer, then I'd suggest just subclass the
> integer field and leave most of it the same as it is and only override
> the part where it returns the form field. Should avoid a lot of
> trouble.

That was my first pass. I subclassed models.IntegerField and overroad
get_manipulator_field_objs, and return my custom Form. However, when
running syncdb I still got a KeyError.

I think that there is a dict somewhere that maps models to their sql
implementation and that my model doesn't exist in that dict, hence a
KeyError. But that's really just a guess. I'd love to hear from an
authority about where the sql structure of a model is defined.

Thanks again Chris, you're thoughts have really helped
--
mthorley