> Im having problems figuring out how to work my way through part 2 of
> the tutorial, where I have to copy some default django templates to my
> own template directory. Where are the default django templates,

Default Django Templates for admin : /your_system_python_path/django/
contrib/admin/templates

> where are my own templates? Or do I just create a new folder for
> templates and copy some default django ones there?
Create a new folder and give path of new folder in setting.py file
Example :
TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    '/home/my_username/mytemplates', # Change this to your own
directory.
)

> Please help

For more help Read Tutorial-02 carefully under sub-heading : Customize
the admin look and feel