Hi all,

at
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/django-userlibs/trunk/libs.ajax/src/ajax/views/generic/date_based.py
I tried to solve ajax-aware views by copying original django generic views into
my own project namespace and modifiy them to use separate customized
HttpResponse objects. This has 2 disadvantages for me: I have to maintain views
and http-reponse-classes and not all http-response-classes are generic to use
everywhere.

Fromthe feedback I got until now, I know that the django way to build
ajax-aware views would be like this:

1. create a ajax-aware template
2. call any available view you like
3. let the view load your template thru template_loader
4. serialize/render the RequestContext thru your template
5. return a standard HttpResponse with the templates rendered response

I want to go these steps now in my project above.

I tought to create some Template-subclasses for Json/JsonRpc/Xml etc., a
Template-Loader to import those py-subclasses instead of HTML-Files and
integrate the django-serializers into those Template-subclasses.

Everything would be fit best into django's view/template/context framework I
think. Any comments on this ?

Regards,
Dirk