You're right it doesn't. What I meant was, that I installed pip and
virtualenvwrapper
and THEN followed the tutorial as he advised.
But today I uninstalled virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper and following the
tutorial [1] instructionsand everything seems to work now.
Thanks for helping.

[1] -
http://hackercodex.com/2011/08/30/python-install-django-on-mac-osx-lion-10.7/