I'd +1 here Cal and what he said about adult industry.

It does not mean a thing if you were contracted by company with adult
focus or not. What matters is how you do your job and how fast you do
it. Bozos are looking into what sort of references you have, what kind
of college you went to and if you even have college and so forth.
Today school does not mean a thing in IT unless you are outside of US
and trying to permanently come into US by company sponsorship (because
you can't w/o college). Same thing applies for references. As far I
see, references should be here to see just overall who person is but
should not be took granted nor as something valuable. Internal company
tests are here to do so as interview (but tests more than interview).

I've for example work in my past on adult sites and had no issues
about that in future career what so ever. Again, if adult site you are
working on is great one than next employer will at least know you know
at least something about high-load apps and will for sure know that
you have great stomach :D It's not all so black.