Hi all. I'm stumped on something. Using logging via 'manage.py shell' is
working as expected. Using it in the webapp generates zero data and
zero errors.

NOTE: /var/log/hostdb.log is WORLD WRITABLE (in order to dodge any
permissions errors right now while debugging this)

My logging settings are as follows:

LOGGING = {
    'version': 1,
    'disable_existing_loggers': True,
    'formatters': {
        'verbose': {
            'format': '%(levelname)s %(asctime)s %(module)s %(process)d
%(thread)d %(message)s'
        },
        'simple': {
            'format': '%(levelname)s %(message)s'
        }
    },
    'handlers': {
        'console': {
            'level':'DEBUG',
            'class':'logging.StreamHandler',
            'formatter': 'verbose'
        },
        'logfile': {
            'level': 'DEBUG',
            'class': 'logging.handlers.WatchedFileHandler',
            'formatter': 'verbose',
            'filename': '/var/log/hostdb.log',
            'mode': 'a'
        }
    },
    'loggers': {
        'django.request': {
            'handlers': ['logfile', 'console'],
            'level': 'DEBUG'
        }
    }
}

For example, the following works fine (shows up in /var/log/hostdb.log):

python manage.py shell
>> import logging
>> l = logging.getLogger('django.request')
>> l.info('this is info!')

Yet I get absolutely nothing logged when a click through pages of the app
itself.

Any ideas?