After first installing Django, I am able to use "django-admin.py
startproject <projectname>" with no problem. After a while, if I try to
start a new project, my editor opens and no files or directories are
created. After doing LOTS of research, it turns out this is a rather common
problem/bug. I have tried what feels like everything. I have edited the
PATH, checked that all appropriate registry entries are "python.exe" "%1"
%* (I even tried %%), I've tried variations of "django-admin startproject"
and "python django-admin startproject". The only thing that has worked so
far is reinstalling Django. However, I wind up encountering the same
problem eventually. Does anyone have a permanent fix not listed here? I am
running Python27, Django 1.4, and Windows 7. Thanks in advance.