On Apr 18, 8:47 pm, asherakhet06 <francisco.demira...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> H all!
>
> I am fairly new to programming (went over LPTHW) and now going through the
> Djangobook on the internet.  Quick beginners question:  In Chapter 3, where
> I am looking at a dynamic webpage in the 2nd example

Could you please post a link to this resource ?

> I am running into some
> problems with the current_datetime function I am trying to set up. When, in
> views.py I insert the "datetime.datetime.now()" statement and "import
> current_datetime" into my urls.py file

If your import statement is actually "import current_datetime", then
the book is wrong, Python imports dont work that way. You either
import a module then use a qualified name to access the module's
symbols, ie:

from myapp import views
now = views.current_datetime()

or import a symbol from a module and use it directly, ie:

from myapp.views import current_datetime
now = current_datetime()

of course the module (or the package containing the module) must be in
your pythonpath.

for more about the import statement, see

* http://docs.python.org/release/2.7/tutorial/modules.html

and

*
http://docs.python.org/release/2.7/reference/simple_stmts.html#the-import-statement

> but it's been
> a real puzzle for me to be honest:/  Anybody have any tips on how to solve
> this error?  I know it is really important to be careful to copy EXACTLY as
> mentioned in the programming book(s),

Books are sometimes wrong, and sometimes a bit outdated.