Hi Marcin,

Nobody is refusing to do anything.

Google groups has a painful UI, over which we have no control, and one of the
things that Google Groups doesn't make it easy to expose is the list of people
who are owners and managers of the list.

Why haven't we done something on our own to make the managers obvious? Because
in the almost 7 year history of the mailing list, you're the first person who
has asked for the list of administrators.

For the record, the django-users list managers are myself, Jacob Kaplan-Moss,
Adrian Holovaty, and Karen Tracey. There are a couple of other users with
administrator rights; however, these users have these rights for either
historical reasons, or because they were helping out with managing spam etc at
some point in the past.

For practical purposes, the list that Kenneth directed you two is the most
relevant. That list is the full list of members of the community that have
developed enough trust that they have the commit bit, which is the ultimate
expression of trust and authority in an open source project. If any user on
that list asked for admin rights to the mailing list, they would almost
certainly get those rights; and if any person on that list asked me (as a list
admin) to perform some activity on their behalf, I would almost certainly do so.

Regarding the specific issue that has brought about this thread -- I'll speak
to that in the relevant thread.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)