> On 9/3/06, Jakub 'teodor' Krajniak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sean Schertell wrote:
>> (...)
>>> The question is, how can I get those three menus to create a single
>>> date object that plays nice with Django?
>>
>> I think that writing CustomForm with SelectFields would be good idea.
>> you could join data from those fields into one date field and save
>> it.
>> See in django source how is written ChangeManipulator.
>
> I would also use a custom form.
>
> Also, if there are more than two or three date fields, it may be
> worthwhile coding up your own subclass of  django.forms.FormField or
> django.forms.HiddenField, which renders the three drop-down lists and
> does the validation.
>
> Alan.

Thanks Alan and Jakub. It seems like I've found the first chink in
the armor. In my opinion, the worst sin a framework can commit is
getting in the way of accomplishing basic, simple tasks making you
work *harder* to accomplish something that's normally easy. This
looks like one of those cases :-(

Oh well, off to research CustomForm with SelectFields -- hopefully
it's easier than it sounds.

Thanks for the tips,
Sean