This happens when trying to upload a file with a filename that is not in
ascii. In this case I tried éè´´çoöp_iI$.jpg. The strange thing is that
firefox uploads it but chrome gets the error!
I know this has been discussed already but the solutions mentioned did not
work: I tried to change encoding = "ascii" to encoding = "utf-8" in site.py
then I tried to add export LANG='en_US.UTF-8' and export
LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8' in Apache envvars.
The problem seems to be in the path since it happens at save time and the
genericpath.py / exists is called to verify the path and returns what
follows. Any hint is welcome. This is an ubuntu server but it happens also
on the debian box. Django 1.3.1, python 2.7. The view is a form with
request.POST that is saved.

   1.
   2.

   # Does a path exist?

   3.

   # This is false for dangling symbolic links on systems that support them.

   4.

   def exists(path):

   5.

       """Test whether a path exists.  Returns False for broken symbolic
links"""

   6.

       try:

   1.

           os.stat(path)

   1.

       except os.error:

   2.

           return False

   3.

       return True

   4.
   5.
   6.

   # This follows symbolic links, so both islink() and isdir() can be true

▼ Local vars <http://lrdev:8910/looks/create/#>
VariableValuepath

u'/home/dev/user_media/imgs/\xe9\xe8\xe7o\xf6p_iI.jpg'