Hey,

I'd take a look at these options if you want to stick with Django-Storages
( http://django-storages.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html  listed on
the top of the page).

Otherwise, I wonder if you could use the hadoop fileystem or some other,
similar distributed file system built for high performance computing? I
agree though with your problems using NFS -- I've had a ton of trouble with
it in the past. It's not pleasant to work with at all.