On 21/05/2012 2:45pm, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
On 21/05/2012 1:57pm, Aditya Sriram M wrote:
I'd like to represent foreign key relationships inside the Admin
interface when there are multiple nested one-to-many relationships.

Provided you have the admin app enabled, in your admin.py in the same directory as your models.py file you need some nested classes ...

class RootAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    # any ModelAdmin options

    class Model2Admin(admin.TabularInline):    # or admin.StackedInline
        # any TabularInline options

class Model3Admin(admin..TabularInline): # or admin.StackedInline
            # any TabularInline options

Actually, I meant to name the nested classes more appropriately as Model2Inline() and Model3Inline().

Then at the bottom of the admin.py file you need ...

admin.site.register(Root, RootAdmin)

... which includes the ModelxInlines because they are nested in your code.

Mike

... which ought to give you a nested view of Model2 when you examine Root in the admin and a nested view of Model3 inside Model2. You can use whatever options are listed in the docs (see below) to control what happens when displaying records in the Admin app..

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/#inlinemodeladmin-objects

Mike