If I understood your question correctly, using jQuery, I would use GMAP3
http://gmap3.net/ to get the the lat and long, store those in hidden form
fields, and submit that.
http://www.electrictoolbox.com/jquery-get-set-form-values/

MaxMind also have a free IP-to-City database, so
pygeoip.GeoIP().record_by_addr(request.META["REMOTE_ADDR"])['city'] tells
you the city of the client. (they are not exactly chained like that, but
you get the idea)

my Ksh 0.02