On May 20, 9:42 am, Aditya Sriram M <aditya.cr3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried this but it failed? Can you pls correct me?

yes : "it failed" is the worst possible way to describe a problem if
you expect to get some help. If you get an exception and traceback,
please read them carefully, and eventually post them. Else at least
describe the (unexpected) result.

> where definition of 'get_user_name' is
>
> def get_user_name(self, obj):
>         return u'%s %s %s' % (obj.customerid__first_name,
> obj.customerid__middle_name, obj.customerid__last_name)

What do you expect "obj.customerid__first_name" to eval to exactly ?

> where 'first_name', 'middle_name' etc are properties of the 'User' model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_by_permutation ?

I'm sorry to have to say, but it definitly looks like you just don't
have a clue about how Python and Django work. Please take time to
learn at least Python 101, then do Django tutorial. This should answer
your questions and save everyone time on such issues.