Hi all,

I see in docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/validators/ how to include
validators in a form field, but I have a field that needs to be
validated with a regular expression determined by another field.
Please help me call RegexValidator explicitly the right way.  For one
thing, I don't see how to pass the field to the validator.  For
another, I'm not sure exactly what to test for to determine that
validation failed.  The code follows:

from django import forms
from django.core.validators import *

class IdentForm(forms.Form):
  ident = forms.CharField()
  ident_type = forms.ChoiceField(choices=(
      ('EIN','Employer ID'),
      ('SSN','Social Security Number'),
  ))

  TYPE_CHOICES = (
      ('EIN','\d{2}-\d{7}'),
      ('SSN','\d{3}-\d{2}-\d{4}'),
  )

  def clean(self):
    cleaned_data = super(IdentForm, self).clean()
    ident = cleaned_data.get('ident')
    ident_type = cleaned_data.get('ident_type')
    regexp = TYPE_CHOICES[ident_type]
    RegexValidator([regexp]) # What's missing?
    # How do I pass ident to the validator?
    if ??????: # Do I test for existence of error message?
      ident = ''
    return cleaned_data

What errors do I have?

Thanks.