some points on using the dojoeditor:
1. right now, I don´t recommend it (there´s a new editor2 with lots
of bugs)
2. with fckeditor, it´s very easy to connect your own scripts (e.g.
your own file uploader) - but there´s still the whole "paragraph-vs-
break"-issue when using enter.
3. tinymce is much cleaner with using paragraphs all over (but i´m
not sure how hard it is to customize tinymce)

about integrating dojo:
1. download dojo and save it to /media/dojo/...
2. copy the script from the site and save it (e.g. /media/js/admin/
AddRichTextEditing.js)
3. in the admin-section of your model, write: js = ('js/admin/
AddRichTextEditing.js')
4. every text-field that should have RTE must have "help_text='Rich
Text Editing.'"

to answer your question: you don´t need the view to use this.

hope that helps,
patrick