On Jun 1, 10:47 am, cmac0tt <corey.macdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Learning Django/Python by converting a warped >0.96 project to a 1.4
> project with python 2.7.3
>
> So this is my github to make it easier. Can anyone tell me what it is
> thats causing me to keep chasing errors around?

Just a suggestion : "failure to follow the official tutorial" ?

Now learning a framework takes some time, and porting code from one
framework to another can be error prone - you usually pay more
attention (and have less code needing attention at one given moment)
when writing new code than when modifying existing one.

> I fix one to find
> another, then another, then another. I'm curious if i'm on the right
> track here or just basically bouncing myself around, and if I am then
> is there any pointers anyone has.
>
> git://github.com/cmac0tt/wikicamp.git

Some web-browsable link would have been more helpful (sorry, I'm not
going to clone your repo).

> thank for the help. Note my current error is:
>
> ValueError at /wikicamp/create/
>
> The view wikicamp.wiki.views.view_page didn't return an HttpResponse
> object.

A view (wether function or class-based) is supposed to return an
HttpResponse (or subclass of), either directly or via a call to a
shortcut helper function (like render() or render_to_response()). Your
wikicamp.wiki.views.view_page function (following Python naming
conventions I assume it's a function) obviously returns something else
but since you didn't post the traceback we can say much more. If you
want more help about this particular view, please post the snippet.