Greetings, I'm working on a custom field that uses multiple checkboxes
similar to CheckboxSelectMultipleField. The problem I am having is how
to get the data back from all the check boxes so that I can validate it
and save it as a single integer.

I read this post
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_frm/thread/d9d771e72c09d053/58e1d47fa89df4ea#58e1d47fa89df4ea
where the solution is to call field.prepare explicitly in the view, but
that is not what I want.

I believe the problem to be the fact that the name and id of the
checkbox elements in the rendered html to not exactly match the name of
my field. (This is becase each checkbox must have a different name, so
I named them fieldName + indexNum.) So when the form is submitted and
the POSTed data is picked up by Manipulator, it passes None to my
fields prepare method.

Is there a way to declare that my field uses a custom manipulator? Is
there another way this is supposed to be done? I don't want to have to
do magic in my views to make this work.

Thanks much folks. I welcome any and all comments, especially if you no
a better, or 'right' way to do this.
--
mthorley