Hey Gang, I have created a juju charm to deploy multiple django apps
to ec2. Currently, I
am working on multiple site control and need help with the django_site table.

When am instance is destroyed, the database remains but django is
re-installed. The
problem arises when old database is kept around and reused with a
fresh django install.
This new django install has the same settings but the django_site
table can get funky.

Here is the start of my script to at least set the correct database
id, name, and domain.
It is hack right here, so I am ask for your thoughts or suggestions. Thank you.

NOTE: the regular expressions are simply parsing the settings.py file
for site_id and
if django.contib.sites is un-commented.

site_domain="www.example.com"
site_name="example.com"

site_id="$(cat $(find . -name 'settings.py') | grep -xv " *#.*" | grep
".*SITE_ID\ *=.*" | sed 's/#.*//g' | sed "s/.*SITE_ID *\= *\(.*\)
*/\1/g" | sed "s/'//g")"
#echo "from django.contrib.sites.models import Site;
Site.objects.create(pk=$site_id, domain='here.example.com',
name='example.com')" | python manage.py shell
# For now, just gonna put in a place holder if the user has listed it
in installed_apps
sites_used="$(cat $(find . -name 'settings.py') | grep -xv " *#.*" |
grep ".*django.contrib.sites.*" | sed 's/#.*//g')"

if [ -n "$sites_used" ]; then
     juju-log "Found django.contrib.sites in installed apps. Creating
single table as defined in this script."
     echo "from django.contrib.sites.models import Site; entry =
Site.objects.get(pk=$site_id); entry.objects.all().delete();
Site.objects.create(pk=$site_id, domain='$site_domain',
name='$site_name')" | python manage.py shell
fi

Here are my mysteries:

1) The python manage.py shell comand is giving me this error -->
    AttributeError: Manager isn't accessible via Site instances
2) How can I retrieve the site_name and site_domain varables
    with bash scripting for the project.

Keep in mind that there can be no user input in the script but I do
have all username and passwords available.

--
Bust0ut, Surgemcgee: Systems Engineer ---
PBDefence.com