On Monday, June 4, 2012, 11:04:58 PM, you wrote:

> Hi All,
> I want to create list of year select form.
> I know that i can generate the value using html.
> Is there a way to generate the value using forms API.

> For example, i want to generate select field that display year from 1970-2011.

> Thanks

What about using the 'SelectDateWidget' widget from
'django.forms.extras.widgets'? You could so something like:

You can pass a list of years to the constructor. Something like:

from django.forms.extras.widgets import SelectDateWidget
class MyForm(forms.Form):
    date = forms.DateField(widget=SelectDateWidget(years=range(1970,
datetime.today().year)))

Take a look at the source code of the widget. For example, some time
ago I created my own SelectDateWidget to override the 'none_value' it
places by default (---).

--
Oscar Mederos
omede...@gmail.com