Hi all,

As we know, circular template inheritance in Django templates isn't
possible, and usually doesn't make sense. There are some cases though,
where it can be extremely useful. Particularly when overriding sufficiently
complex templates in third-party apps.

I've just released a small installable app called django-overextends that
allows you to use circular template inheritance if required:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/django-overextends

I recently wrote about the rationale and approach for it here:

http://blog.jupo.org/2012/05/17/circular-template-inheritance-for-django/

Cheers,
Steve

--