On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:48:07 AM UTC-6, rahajiyev wrote:

> DatabaseError at /
>
> ORA-01446: cannot select ROWID from, or sample, a view with DISTINCT, GROUP
> BY, etc.
>

> Unfortunately Django doesn't show the precise statement that caused the
> error.

The query it generates is:

SELECT * FROM (SELECT ROWNUM AS "_RN", "_SUB".* FROM (SELECT
"CREF_TAB"."ROWID", "CREF_TAB"."CREF_NO" FROM "CREF_TAB") "_SUB" WHERE
ROWNUM <= 5) WHERE "_RN" > 0

(You can find this using str(queryset.query) in a Django shell.)

The error appears to be caused by the outermost SELECT *, since the query
runs all right if you remove it.  It also works if you add an alias to the
rowid column, e.g. "SELECT CREF_TAB.ROWID AS FOOBEAR".  You might be able
to finagle the Field into adding a column alias, but then you will likely
break something else.  I think we're back to using extra().