I wonder how many of us are writing nearly identical apps at any
given time. For example, I just hired a guy to write a really basic
newsletter app for my project. Now I'm working on a fairly typical
"upcoming events" schedule. And soon I'll be working on a simple
photo gallery that makes thumbnails as you upload, etc. I'd bet
dollars to donuts that many of you have written these apps already.

Wouldn't Django be that much sexier if it came with an ever-expanding
repository of apps that we could all share with each other? The fact
that apps are modular plug-and-play in Django is *really* cool (Rails
can't do that). So why not leverage the "pluggability" of Django's
app architecture by making a bunch of these apps public?

Am I alone on this? If I created such a repository would anyone use it?

Sean