I just installed python, then mysql, then django on my windows 7 machine
and I think it worked because I ran the import django comand from python
and nothing barked at me.  I thought. yeah... time to hit the tutorial but
the first thing it tells me to do is cd to a directory.  Is there a unix
emulator that got installed on my windows machine or something?  I actually
do some unix programming in ksh but this is my first time trying to program
in a windows environment. Can someone help me get past step one in the
tuturial!!!

I rent space on a server run by hostmonster.com.  Would it be a better idea
for me to learn how to do all this straight on my server instead of windows
anyways?  I don't even know how to tell if the django stuff works within my
hosting environment.

-dan