Just fyi, if you were working directly with an upstream provider (such as
T-Mobile or O2), you would most likely need to be processing literally
millions of messages a month.. you'd probably also need to meet minimum
commit terms (such as throughput and contract duration).

I suspect anything short of this, and you'd just be refereed to a reseller,
such as the ones mentioned previously.

Start out small with one of these resellers, then grow later :)